Official Rules and Regulations for ALZBBQ Golf Ball Drop
1. The Contest: For a suggested minimum donation of $20* for 1 raffle ball and 7 balls for $99* a person, age 18 or older, will be entered in the Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation Charity Ball Drop to take place on October 14, 2023, at Indian River Colony Club in Viera, Florida. Participants may enter more than once. Participants will be assigned a or multiple numbered golf balls (maximum of 2,000) for each raffle ticket purchased.
2. The Drop: All purchased numbered golf balls will be placed randomly into a container and dropped from a helicopter from a height of approximately 150 feet onto the assigned target. The participant whose ball is closest to the target pin will be declared the sole winner of the Golf Ball Drop and be awarded the prize as outlined below.
3. Prizes: The grand prize is $5000. Other prizes Second Place: $500 VISA Card or Apple IPad. Third Place: $250 VISA Card, Fourth Place: $100 VISA Card, and Fifth Place: $50 VISA card. All prizes are subject to the rules outlined below. All prizes have been donated to the Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation.
4. Rules: The winner is determined by the measurement of the golf balls from the target pin, if the judges determine that there is a tie among these balls, then the ball with the lowest number will be declared the winner. If the winner does not claim their prize within 30 days, a random drawing will be performed for a replacement winner.
5. Announcement of Prize Winner: The winner need not be present to win. The winner will be announced live on the Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation Facebook Page. (facebook.com/brevardalz). A staff member will contact the winners immediately, live on Facebook.
6. Purchasing Raffles: Golf Ball Drop raffles (up to 2,000) will be available for sale at https://alzballdrop.com . Donations are non-refundable.
7. Tracking Tickets: Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation shall be responsible for maintaining the list of raffles sold and the name and email address of the purchaser of each raffle and have that list available for auditing and inspection by the Board of Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation (and any interested members of the public) to ensure the openness and integrity of the Golf Ball Drop.
8. Eligible Participants: Participants must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a raffle and win the prize. All officers and members of Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation are eligible to purchase tickets and win the prize; however, the independent judges who will decide the winners of the golf ball drop are ineligible to win. Verification of eligibility and identity may be required before releasing the prize.
9. Notification of Winner: The winner will be notified by phone call immediately. If the winner cannot be located or fails to claim the prize within thirty (30) days after notification, the prize will be forfeited and a random draw will be performed live on Facebook.
a. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries (up to 2,000) received by the deadline set forth above.
b. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
c. Void where prohibited by law.
d. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
e. The funds raised at this event will be used to support the programs of Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation, a Florida not-for-profit organization, tax-exempt under IRC Section 501(c)(3).
f. Decisions by the Golf Ball Drop judges on all aspects of the raffle will be binding and final.
g. The prize will not be awarded, and will be forfeited if the raffle was issued in exchange for a donation by check returned for “insufficient funds” or by a credit card charge deemed “declined,” “invalid,” or “stolen.”
h. The Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation Golf Ball Drop Committee may amend these rules as appropriate to ensure the contest’s fairness and original intent.
i. The donations for tickets to this raffle are not tax-deductible.
j. The source of the funds to award prizes is the general assets of Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation.
K. If case of inclement weather, the soonest possible date will be rescheduled in agreeance with the IRCC and Wings of Grace Helicopter.
11. Release of Liability: By participating, each participant releases, discharges, indemnified, and holds harmless Brevard Alzheimer’s Foundation, Indian River Colony Club, their parent, subsidiary, successor, and affiliated companies/organizations, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives and promotional (collectively the “Releases”) from any and all liability, loss, harm, injury, damage, cost and expense whatsoever arising directly or indirectly from the receipt of the prize or participation in the raffle.
* Suggested minimum donation, no contribution or donation is required to participate.